Ticket Prices for Summer 2017 Shows
101 Dalmatians & Godspell : $10 Adults / $8 Students and Children
Grease : $12 Adults / $8 Students and Children
Welcome to the Waco Children's Theatre's Summer Camp 2017!
From Linda Haskett, Founding Director
The best deal in town since 1992. Three shows.
Singing, Dancing, Acting, Creating, Auditions, Rehearsals, Performances.
This will be the beginning of several communications from us, so please check here daily to stay informed! Also, be sure to forward or print out as many copies of the flyer on the home page as you can to invite family and friends to our shows!
Things to Know:
- Our doors open at 8:30 a.m. on regular camp days.
- Children should be picked up at 2 p.m. unless they are staying for Grease auditions or rehearsals.
- Those who stay for Grease will be leaving at 5 p.m. sharp unless we send a message the day before that we need them until 6 p.m.
- We wear comfortable, washable, clothes.
- We wear whole shoes (no sandals, clogs, etc.)
- We bring a cold lunch and bottled water.
- No chewing gum.
- Cell phones, Gameboys and the like must be turned in at the office when thecamper arrives. We will return them at the end of the day.
- Any outstanding payments may be made Monday morning when you bring your child to camp. Linda will be there to confer should any situations need clarifying.
- The building often gets rather cold. If your child is cold-natured, they may want to bring a sweater or small blanket.
- Please mark every one of your possessions and clothing items with your name.
- Our doors are locked for safety reasons. We allow NO visitors because of safety. Should you want to come in during our camp, please call one of these numbers and we will let you in:
Linda Haskett: 254-715-5401
Allison Figley: 254-644-4012
Becca Shivers: 510-562-3525
Monday we will be trying to get to know the campers. It is going to be a wild place! Sooooooo, if your child comes home upset for any reason, please call me immediately at 254-776-0707. Usually I can fix the situation. It can be a frightening place with all of these strange kids from strange schools around you and a bunch of strange-looking adults telling you what to do. All will be fine, just let us know if we need to calm any fears.
See you Monday...Love you all!
Sunday, June 4th 2:30 – 4:30PM
Auditions for Grease will be held at the Lee Lockwood Library and Museum.
You must be in the camp to be in Grease unless you are 15 and want to audition. There will be a $100 fee if you are cast for those who are not attending the camp.
For the audition: please prepare a song and bring the sheet music.
If you would like to prepare a monologue we will allow you to perform.
Staff will be meeting on Sunday 5/21 & Sunday 5/28. Time will be set aside on these days for students who wish to receive critique and direction regarding their audition pieces.
At our annual summer camp we offer classes that provide instruction in music, art, dance and acting. Be sure to view each section for more info on each of these exciting learning opportunities.
The cost for this camp is $250. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card and personal checks.
We do have payment plans for those who need it, and some scholarships are available. For more information, call Linda Haskett at 254-776-0707. To have registration forms emailed to you, please email email@example.com
The camp is held at the Lee Lockwood Library and Museum at 2801 West Waco Drive. The camp runs Monday to Friday, 9AM-2PM. There will be performances on Friday, June 23rd, Saturday, June 24th, and Sunday, June 25th. Times for these performances are to be announced.
We are also going to produce a Broadway Musical Theatre Camp for students who desire more in-depth performance experience. The main focus of this camp is to provide older students with challenges and learning opportunities at an advanced level. There is no charge for this camp, however, students are required to audition to participate. For your audition, please be prepared to sing 32 bars of a ballad and bring clearly marked sheet music for the accompanist. Be sure to mark on your registration form if you plan to audition; this will help us to properly prepare for the show. The first round of auditions will be held on Sunday, June 4th, 2:30-4:30PM at the Lee Lockwood Library and Museum. We will continue auditions on Monday, June 5th, 2-5PM. From that point on rehearsals will be held from 2-5PM or 6PM depending on the day. Beginning Monday, June 26th, the entire day will be devoted to the Broadway Camp. Performances will be held June 30th, July 1st, and July 2nd with a possibility of extra performances on July 8th and 9th.